Thursday, February 28, 2013

Preparations

Over the past two months I have assisted the cooperating teacher with some preparations for getting her class ready for the next day. 
 
What I usually am in charge of is seeing that our early morning Language Arts materials are all ready to go.There are SO MANY different materials that this program requires: Picture cards, letter cards, tracing cards, game boards, worksheets, flashcards....
I go through many different file folders and tubs to get all of the materials in order for my group, and then I do the same thing for the teacher's group.
Come language arts time, it can be overwhelming...trying to cram all those mediums into those little 5 year old heads!
 
  (Side note: I don't know if its just me, but repetition has always been most effective for me!  When I am constantly changing from different cards and papers and games and worksheets, the kids seem to get antsy and lose focus... I think keeping it simple would be more effective!)
 
I also help the teacher clean and sanitize all of the tables and chairs, hang up and take down the students artwork in the halls, and run copies in the copy center.
 
Sometimes I wonder how teachers do it all when they don't have an aid in their classroom, or a volunteer!!  That could get so overwhelming!

No comments:

Post a Comment